Light Rail, & Public Transit
- Minnesota Department of Public Safety - Traffic Safety - Information on seat belts & airbags, child passenger safety, and other traffic safety issues can be found at this website. Includes link to Crash Facts.
- Minnesota Motorcycle Safety Center - Administered by the Minnesota Department of Public Safety. Provides information on reducing motorcycle crashes, injuries, and fatalities.
- Minnesota Safety Council -This safety site provides fact sheets and information on the Council's traffic safety programs.
- Toward Zero Deaths (TZD) - "A Minnesota interagency partnership led by the Department of Public Safety and the Department of Transportation, in cooperation with the State Patrol, the Federal Highway Administration, Minnesota county engineers, and the Center for Transportation Studies at the University of Minnesota." Their mission is "To move Minnesota toward zero deaths on our roads, using Education, Enforcement, Engineering, and Emergency Services."
Industry News, Research, and Statistics
- Advanced Transit Association (ATRA) - A nonprofit association that promotes investigation and development of advanced transit technologies and strategies.
- American Public Transit Association - An international association focusing on all areas of mass transit,
including bus systems, rapid transit, and commuter rail systems. Includes many statistics
about finances, fares, ridership, vehicle manufacturing, and transit design and planning.
- American Road & Transportation Builders Association - Includes economics and research reports and news & press releases.
- National Governors' Association Center for Best Practices - This organization identifies emerging issues and provides assistance on developing state programs including Environment, Energy & Transportation.
- Surface Transportation Policy Project - "The goal of The Surface Transportation Policy Project is to ensure that transportation policy and investments help conserve energy, protect environmental and aesthetic quality, strengthen the economy, promote social equity, and make communities more livable."
- Transport Topics: Trucking's Electronic Newspaper - This site includes daily news updates on transportation and trucking issues.
- Transportation Research Board - Find information about ongoing and completed TRB policy study reports concerning all aspects of transportation systems. Also includes an Online Directory of links to state transportation departments and
a link to TRIS Online, a search engine for published transportation research on the Web.
- TRIP: The Road Information Program - A nonprofit organization that promotes transportation policies which relieve traffic congestion, improve air
quality, make highway travel safer, and enhance economic productivity. Links include State Information & Reports and National Information & Reports.
- Urban Mobility Information - This Texas Transportation Institute website provides information and research on traffic mobility and congestion, including the 2012 Annual Urban Mobility Study.
Alternative Transportation Issues
The sites listed on this page are not created, maintained, or endorsed
by the Minnesota Legislature.