- City Websites - Link to the official websites of Minnesota cities including Minneapolis, St. Paul, Duluth, Rochester, and St. Cloud.
- Coalition of Greater Minnesota Cities - "A nonprofit, nonpartisan advocacy organization representing 85 cities outside of the Twin Cities Metropolitan Area. The Coalition also educates legislators about issues important to Greater Minnesota."
- League of Minnesota Cities - Access the Handbook for Minnesota Cities and other informative publications. The legislative advocacy page provides legislative information, law summaries, and a bill tracker service.
- Metro Cities - The organization's "primary objective is to be an effective voice for metropolitan cities at the Legislature and Metropolitan Council, so as to influence state legislation and regional policies". It was known for many years as the Association of Metropolitan Municipalities.
- Metropolitan Council - The regional planning agency serving the Twin Cities seven-county metropolitan area. The website features an extensive collection of data & maps and publications.
- Minnesota County and Municipal Ordinances - The Minnesota State Law Library provides links to Minnesota local laws.
- Municipal Boundary Adjustments - "Administers the state's uniform system for city boundary adjustments. MBA issues orders for the creation or dissolution of cities or for the alteration of city borders through consolidation, annexation or detachment. MBA likewise provides assistance to local governments on boundary change, incorporation and consolidation matters." It is a division of the Minnesota Office of Administrative Hearings.
- National Civic League - Informs, unites and empowers citizens and fosters innovative community building and political reform.
- National League of Cities - Its mission is to strengthen and promote cities as centers of opportunity, leadership, and governance.
- Population and Housing Unit Estimates Datasets - U.S. Census Bureau data for various levels of government including counties, micropolitan, and metropolitan areas.
- State and Local Government on the Net - A directory of official state, county, and city government websites.
- State of the Cities Data Systems (SOCDS) - Demographic and economic data for metropolitan areas, central cities, and suburbs.
- United States Conference of Mayors - The "official non-partisan organization of cities with populations of 30,000 or more."
- The Urban Institute - Conducts research, gathers data, and evaluates programs to help strengthen communities and improve lives.
- CompTIA - Public Technology Institute (PTI) merged into CompTIA in January 2019. PTI actively supports local government officials through research, education, professional development, executive-level consulting services, and national recognition programs.
- CURA (Center for Urban and Regional Affairs) - Located at the University of Minnesota, CURA supports research and publishes policy-oriented reports on urban issues.
- Fusion Learning Partners - GTS Educational Events is now Fusion Learning Partners. "Fusion is a nonprofit organization committed to creating environments that promote learning for the individuals, organizations, and the communities they serve. From conferences and convenings to supporting collaborative initiatives and organizations, Fusion exists to strengthen and transform the communities where we work, live, and thrive."
- Local & Metropolitan Government - Publications and data from the Minnesota House of Representative's House Research Department.
- Regional Economic Accounts - Provides local area economic data for states, counties, and metropolitan areas. Produced by the United States Bureau of Economic Analysis.
The sites listed on this page are not created, maintained, or endorsed
by the Minnesota Legislature.