- Center for Transportation Studies - This University of Minnesota department researches regional growth patterns and how it affects transportation infrastructure.
- Metropolitan Council - Several reports on land use planning and development are in the Data & Maps or Publications & Documents sections.
- Minnesota Environmental Quality Board - Many EQB reports touch on land use issues, particularly in their Sustainable Development Initiative section.
- Minnesota Land Trust - A private nonprofit organization working with landowners and communities to protect Minnesota's land and water resources.
- Minnesota chapter, American Planning Association - A non-profit statewide organization involved in planning-related activities on behalf of state and regional agencies, counties, cities, towns, educational institutions and the private sector.
- Sensible Land Use Coalition - The group includes builders, utilities, developers, engineers. It fosters a balanced approach toward issues affecting land use, development, and the environment in Minnesota, with a special focus on the Twin Cities Metropolitan Area.
- Sierra Club, Minnesota North Star Chapter - Includes the Land Use and Transportation page
- The Trust for Public Land - Includes Minnesota projects.
Growth Management and Urban Sprawl
Property Rights and Takings Issues
The sites listed on this page are not created, maintained, or endorsed
by the Minnesota Legislature.