Violence Prevention Advisory Task Force
Function: The Task Force shall:
(1) define violence prevention;
(2) develop measurable violence prevention goals;
(3) inventory state violence prevention programs;
(4) develop a state violence prevention policy and funding plan; and
(5) make recommendations for an ongoing system to evaluate the effectiveness of violence prevention programs, and to integrate the state violence prevention goals into the budgeting and policy-making of state agencies and the legislature.
Subd. 3. [REPORT.] The task force shall report its recommendations to the legislature and the chairs of the standing committees of the senate and house of representatives with jurisdiction over criminal justice policy by January 1, 1995.
The Violence Prevention Advisory Task Force prepared a report by Minnesota Department of Public Safety 1995 (HN79.M63 V592 1995).
The chemical abuse and violence prevention council shall establish a violence prevention advisory task force, consisting of representatives of the council and representatives of:
(1) the legislative commission on children, youth, and their families;
(2) nonprofit and community-based organizations dealing with violence prevention and at-risk youth programs;
(3) individuals knowledgeable in crime prevention research, family education, and child development;
(4) the demographic and geographic composition of the state; and
(5) racial and ethnic minorities.
The task force also shall include a representative of the law enforcement community and an education specialist who is
knowledgeable about the antiviolence curriculum. The task force shall be chaired jointly by a member of the council and a member of the legislative commission on children, youth, and their families.
Entries for this agency in the Annual Compilation and Statistical Report of Multi-Member Agencies Report:
Note: This report provides membership details as well as meeting information and a summary of the group's activities.
Record last updated:
All information on this group from the Library’s collection of agency notebooks has been digitized. These
materials are incorporated into the “documents/articles” section of the record. Please contact a librarian with any questions. The Minnesota Agencies database is a work in progress.