Information on Minnesota State Agencies, Boards, Task Forces, and Commissions
Compiled by the Minnesota Legislative Reference Library
Joint Light Rail Transit Advisory Committee
Active dates:1989 - 1993
The transit board shall establish a joint light rail transit advisory committee, to assist the board in planning light rail transit facilities and in coordinating the light rail transit activities of the county regional railroad authorities and the transit commission.
The Legislature created the Joint Light Rail Transit Advisory Committee to aid the RTB in planning and coordinating light rail facilities and activities [Laws 1989 c339 s13 d1].
The committee consists of:
- two members of the governing board of each regional railroad authority that applies for and receives state funding for preliminary engineering of light rail transit facilities;
- one member, in addition to those under clause (1), of the governing board of the Hennepin county regional railroad authority;
- one member of the governing board of each regional railroad authority not represented under clause (1) that applies for and receives state funding for planning of light rail transit facilities;
- two members of the metropolitan transit commission; and
- the commissioner of transportation or an employee of the department designated by the commissioner.
Record last updated:
All information on this group from the Library’s collection of agency notebooks has been digitized. These
materials are incorporated into the “documents/articles” section of the record. Please contact a librarian with any questions. The Minnesota Agencies database is a work in progress.