The council shall have at least nine members, consisting of:
(1) the commissioners of health, transportation, and natural resources, and the commissioner of the Pollution Control Agency;
(2) four citizen members appointed by the governor;
(3) the director of the Minnesota Geological Survey;
(4) one additional citizen from each potentially impacted area may be appointed by the governor if potentially impacted areas are designated in Minnesota; and
(5) one Indian who is an enrolled member of a federally recognized Minnesota Indian tribe or band may be appointed by the governor if potentially impacted areas are designated in Minnesota and if those areas include Indian country as defined in United States Code, title 18, section 11.54.
At least two members of the council must have expertise in the earth sciences.
Entries for this agency in the Annual Compilation and Statistical Report of Multi-Member Agencies Report:
1988, 1987, 1986, 1985.
Note: This report provides membership details as well as meeting information and a summary of the group's activities.