The working group consists of the commissioner of public safety, or a designee, and one representative of each of the following organizations:
- Minnesota Chiefs of Police Association;
- Minnesota Sheriffs' Association;
- Minnesota Police and Peace Officers Association;
- Emergency Communications Network;
- Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association;
- Association of Minnesota Counties;
- League of Minnesota Cities;
- Tribal dispatchers;
- Metropolitan Emergency Services Board;
- Emergency Medical Services Regulatory Board;
- Statewide Emergency Communications Board;
- each of the Statewide Emergency Communications Board's seven regional boards;
- mental health crisis team providers;
- Minnesota Association of Public Safety Communications Officials (MN APCO) and the National Emergency Number Association of Minnesota (NENA of MN); and
- Minnesota Ambulance Association.
The working group must also include a nonsupervisory telecommunicator working in a regional center outside of the seven-county metropolitan area, a nonsupervisory telecommunicator working in rural Minnesota, and a nonsupervisory telecommunicator working in the seven-county metropolitan area.
The organizations specified in paragraph (a) shall provide the commissioner with a designated member to serve on the working group by August 1, 2021. The commissioner shall appoint these members to the working group. Appointments to the working group must be made by August 15, 2021.