Information on Minnesota State Agencies, Boards, Task Forces, and Commissions
Compiled by the Minnesota Legislative Reference Library
Working Group to Study 911 Telecommunicator Pension Benefits
The executive director of the Legislative Commission on Pensions and Retirement shall convene a working group for the purpose of studying 911 telecommunicator pension benefits.
The working group must submit a report to the Legislative Commission on Pensions and Retirement by March 1, 2022. The report must recommend whether changes to the pension plan coverage for 911 telecommunicators are appropriate. If the working group finds that such changes are appropriate, the working group must recommend changes to the pension plan coverage for 911 telecommunicators. The recommended changes may include but are not limited to moving 911 telecommunicators to the correctional plans.
The executive director must convene the first meeting of the working group by August 1, 2021. At the first meeting, the members must elect a chair.
The working group expires June 30, 2022.
The working group must consist of the following:
- a representative from the Association of Minnesota Counties;
- a representative from the League of Minnesota Cities;
- a representative from the Minnesota Inter-County Association;
- a representative from the Department of Public Safety;
- a representative from the Minnesota Association of Public Safety Communications Officials (MN APCO) or the National Emergency Number Association of Minnesota (NENA of MN);
- the executive director of the Public Employees Retirement Association, or the executive director's designee;
- the executive director of the Minnesota State Retirement System, or the executive director's designee;
- a 911 telecommunicator who works for a county or municipality;
- a 911 telecommunicator who works for the state;
- a member of the public employees local government correctional service retirement plan, designated by the board of trustees of the Public Employees Retirement Association; and
- a member of the state correctional employees retirement plan, designated by the board of directors of the Minnesota State Retirement System.
In addition to the working group members listed in paragraph (a), the executive director may invite any other individuals with expertise or experience that the executive director believes will assist the work of the group to participate as members of or advisors to the group. The organizations specified in paragraph (a), clauses (1) to (7), must provide the executive director with a designated member to serve on the working group by June 15, 2021.
Note: The Legislative Reference Library may have additional reports on or by this group available through our catalog.
News clippings and documents. Agencies Notebook Collection, 2021.
Record last updated:
All information on this group from the Library’s collection of agency notebooks has been digitized. These
materials are incorporated into the “documents/articles” section of the record. Please contact a librarian with any questions. The Minnesota Agencies database is a work in progress.