Information on Minnesota State Agencies, Boards, Task Forces, and Commissions
Compiled by the Minnesota Legislative Reference Library
State Employment and Retention of Employees with Disabilities Advisory Task Force
Also known as:
Advisory Task Force on State Employment and Retention of Employees with Disabilities
The task force must submit a report to the chairs and ranking minority members of the committees in the house of representatives and the senate with jurisdiction over state government finance and policy, the chairs and ranking minority members of the Finance Committee in the senate and the Committee on Ways and Means in the house of representatives, and to the commissioner of management and budget on strategies for attracting and retaining state employees with disabilities. The report must include a proposal for any legislation necessary to implement recommendations of the task force. The report must be submitted by January 15, 2021.
The governor shall appoint a chair of the task force, who shall convene the first meeting by September 30, 2019.
The task force will sunset after it submits the report as required in subdivision 3, or February 16, 2021, whichever is later.
A task force on state employment and retention of employees consists of the following ten members:
- a person serving on the Commission of the Deaf, Deafblind and Hard-of-Hearing, appointed by the executive director of the commission;
- a person serving on the governor's Council on Developmental Disabilities, appointed by the executive director;
- a person employed by the vocational rehabilitation services from within the Department of Employment and Economic Development, appointed by the director of vocational rehabilitation services;
- an employee of the State Services for the Blind from within the Department of Employment and Economic Development, appointed by the director of the State Services for the Blind;
- a person serving on the Minnesota Council on Disability, appointed by the executive director of the council;
- an employee of the Office of Ombudsman for Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities, appointed by the ombudsman;
- an employee of the Olmstead Implementation Office with the Minnesota Housing Finance Agency, appointed by the executive director of the office;
- an employee of the MN.IT Office of Accessibility, appointed by the chief information officer;
- a representative of A System of Technology to Achieve Results who is an employee of the Department of Administration, appointed by the commissioner of administration; and
- an employee of Minnesota Management and Budget, appointed by the commissioner of management and budget.
Appointing authorities must make their appointments by July 31, 2019.
Note: The Legislative Reference Library may have additional reports on or by this group available through our catalog.
Record last updated:
Additional print information on this group may be available in the
Library's collection of agency notebooks. Please contact a librarian for
assistance. The Minnesota Agencies database is a work in progress.