The Library's website will be unavailable on Saturday, January 16th from 5 a.m. until noon.
Information on Minnesota State Agencies, Boards, Task Forces, and Commissions
Compiled by the Minnesota Legislative Reference Library
Agriculture Research, Education, Extension, and Technology Transfer Advisory Panel
Active dates:2015 -
The Commissioner of Agriculture must consult with an advisory panel in awarding grants to projects that help Minnesota achieve long-term agricultural productivity under Minn. Stat. 41A.14.
The 2015 MN legislature created the agriculture research, education, extension, and technology transfer grant program. The purpose of the grant program is to provide investments that will most efficiently achieve long-term agricultural productivity increases through improved infrastructure, vision, and accountability. The scope and intent of the grants, to the extent possible, shall provide for a long-term base funding that allows the research grantee to continue the functions of the research, education, and extension efforts to a practical conclusion.
Consists of the following stakeholders:
(1) a representative of the College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences at the University of Minnesota;
(2) a representative of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system;
(3) a representative of the Minnesota Farm Bureau;
(4) a representative of the Minnesota Farmers Union;
(5) a person representing agriculture industry statewide;
(6) a representative of each of the state commodity councils organized under section 17.54 and the Minnesota Pork Board;
(7) a person representing an association of primary manufacturers of forest products;
(8) a person representing organic or sustainable agriculture;
(9) a person representing statewide environment and natural resource conservation organizations.
Minnesota Commissioner of Agriculture
Record last updated:
Additional print information on this group may be available in the
Library's collection of agency notebooks. Please contact a librarian for
assistance. The Minnesota Agencies database is a work in progress.