Information on Minnesota State Agencies, Boards, Task Forces, and Commissions
Compiled by the Minnesota Legislative Reference Library
Correctional Facility Site Selection Committee
Also known as:
Correctional Facility Site Selection Task Force
Active dates:1997 -
Function: Coordinates the site selection process for state correctional facilities. The task force convenes when the legislature authorizes the planning of a new correctional facility.
The site selection committee consists of the:
(1) commissioner of corrections or the commissioner's designee;
(2) deputy commissioner of corrections who has supervision and control over correctional facilities;
(3) commissioner of transportation or the commissioner's designee;
(4) commissioner of administration or the commissioner's designee;
(5) chairs of the senate Crime Prevention Committee and Crime Prevention Finance Division and the ranking members of that committee and division from the minority political caucus, or the chairs' and ranking members' designees; and
(6) chairs of the house of representatives Judiciary Committee and Judiciary Finance Division and the ranking members of that committee and division from the minority political caucus or the chairs' and ranking members' designees.
The chairs of the senate Crime Prevention Finance Division and house of representatives Judiciary Finance Division, or the chairs' designees, shall chair the committee.
Note: The Legislative Reference Library may have additional reports on or by this group available through our catalog.
News clippings and documents. Agencies Notebook Collection, 2013.
Record last updated:
All information on this group from the Library’s collection of agency notebooks has been digitized. These
materials are incorporated into the “documents/articles” section of the record. Please contact a librarian with any questions. The Minnesota Agencies database is a work in progress.