Task Force on Motor Vehicle Insurance Coverage Verification
Active dates:2014 - 2015
Function: To review and evaluate approaches to insurance coverage verification and recommend legislation to create and fund a program in Minnesota
The task force shall review and evaluate programs established in other states as well as programs proposed by third parties, identify one or more programs recommended for implementation in this state, and, as to the recommended programs, adopt findings concerning:
(1) comparative costs of programs;
(2) implementation considerations, and in particular, identifying the appropriate supervising agency and assessing compatibility with existing and planned computer systems;
(3) effectiveness in verifying existence of motor vehicle insurance coverage;
(4) identification of categories of authorized users;
(5) simplicity of access and use for authorized users;
(6) data privacy considerations;
(7) data retention policies; and
(8) statutory changes necessary for implementation.
The task force sunsets the day after submitting its final report or February 2, 2015, whichever is earlier.
14 members; the commissioner of public safety or a designee; the commissioner of commerce or a designee; two members of the house of representatives, one appointed by the speaker of the house and one appointed by the minority leader; two members of the senate, one appointed by the Subcommittee on Committees of the Committee on Rules and Administration and one appointed by the minority leader; a representative of Minnesota Deputy Registrars Association; a representative of AAA Minnesota; a representative of AARP Minnesota; a representative of the Insurance Federation of Minnesota; a representative of the Minnesota Bankers Association; a representative of the Minnesota Association for Justice; a representative of the Minnesota Police and Peace Officers Association; and a representative of the Minnesota chapter of the International Association of Special Investigation Units
Commissioner of Public Safety
Note: The Legislative Reference Library may have additional reports on or by this group available through our catalog.
Record last updated:
All information on this group from the Library’s collection of agency notebooks has been digitized. These
materials are incorporated into the “documents/articles” section of the record. Please contact a librarian with any questions. The Minnesota Agencies database is a work in progress.