The Trade Policy Advisory Council shall have 15 members, as follows:
(1) the commissioner of employment and economic development or designee;
(2) the commissioner of agriculture or designee;
(3) the commissioner of administration or designee;
(4) two senators, including one appointed by the Subcommittee on Committees of the Committee on Rules and Administration, and one appointed by the minority leader;
(5) two members of the house of representatives, including one member appointed by the speaker of the house and one member appointed by the minority leader; and
(6) eight members appointed by the governor. The governor's appointees shall represent specified interests, including organized labor, environmental interests, family farmers, business and industry, and international trade and development.
The Trade Policy Advisory Council may invite representatives from other state agencies, industries, trade and labor organizations, nongovernmental organizations, and local governments to join the council as nonvoting ex officio members. Except for initial appointments, the appointing authorities shall make appointments by the first Monday in January of each odd-numbered year.