The Health Services Advisory Council consists of 14 members:
(1) six voting members who are licensed physicians actively engaged in the practice of medicine in Minnesota, three of whom must represent health plans currently under contract to serve MHCP recipients;
(2) two voting members who are licensed physician specialists actively practicing their specialty in Minnesota;
(3) two voting members who are nonphysician health care professionals licensed or registered in their profession and actively engaged in their practice of their profession in Minnesota;
(4) one voting member who is a health care or mental health professional licensed or registered in the member's profession, actively engaged in the practice of the member's profession in Minnesota, and actively engaged in the treatment of persons with mental illness;
(5) two consumers who shall serve as voting members; and
(6) the commissioner's medical director who shall serve as a nonvoting member.
Members of the Health Services Advisory Council shall not be employed by the state of Minnesota, except for the medical director. A quorum shall comprise a simple majority of the voting members. Vacant seats shall not count toward a quorum.