Iron Range Higher Education Committee
Active dates:1991 -
Function: Advises the Commissioner of Iron Range Resources and Rehabilitation on providing higher education programs in the Taconite Assistance Area (TAA) defined in Minn. Stat. 273.1341, and on the development of a contract with the Minnesota State system (formerly known as MnSCU) that would require Minnesota State to provide courses within the Taconite Assistance Area.
The members of the committee shall consist of:
(1) one member appointed by the governor;
(2) one member appointed by the president of the University of Minnesota;
(3) four members of the Iron Range Resources and Rehabilitation Board appointed by the chair;
(4) the commissioner of Iron Range resources and rehabilitation; and
(5) the president of the Northeast Higher Education District or its successor.
Entries for this agency in the Annual Compilation and Statistical Report of Multi-Member Agencies Report:
2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009.
Note: This report provides membership details as well as meeting information and a summary of the group's activities.
News clippings and documents. Agencies Notebook Collection, 1991-2017.
Record last updated:
All information on this group from the Library’s collection of agency notebooks has been digitized. These
materials are incorporated into the “documents/articles” section of the record. Please contact a librarian with any questions. The Minnesota Agencies database is a work in progress.