Established as a committee in 1955. In 1983 renamed as an advisory council.
1989 Minn. Laws Chap. 282 Sec. 44 changed the membership requirements to two public members and added a fifth member who would be a full-time academic staff member of the course in mortuary science at the University of Minnesota.
According to the 1995 Annual Compilation and Statistical Report: Membership on State Councils, Boards and Commissions, the council expired June 30, 1994 per M.S. 15.059 subd. 5 as amended by Laws of 1993.
Entries for this agency in the Annual Compilation and Statistical Report of Multi-Member Agencies Report:
1995, 1994, 1993, 1992, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1988, 1987, 1986, 1985, 1984, 1983.
Note: This report provides membership details as well as meeting information and a summary of the group's activities.