Veterans and Military Affairs
- Disabled American Veterans - Minnesota Chapter - An advocacy group that represents the interests of America's 2.1 million disabled veterans, their families, and survivors.
- Military benefits - A Minnesota Department of Natural Resources web page listing licensing, lottery, safety exemptions, and benefits for military personnel and veterans.
- Minnesota American Legion - A patriotic, mutual help, community service, war time veterans organization.
- Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs - A state agency created by the Minnesota Legislature to serve the veterans of Minnesota and their dependents and survivors. Includes a link to "LinkVet", an information portal concerning military retirement, state and federal benefits, as well as education and pending legislation.
- MinnesotaHelp.info - An online resource finder from the Minnesota Department of Human Services. Includes a link to a listing of veteran's services.
- Minnesota House of Representatives Veterans and Military Affairs Finance and Policy Division - Committee membership and schedules can be found here.
- Minnesota National Guard - Information on the Guard's mission and activities.
- Minnesota Senate Veterans and Military Affairs Finance and Policy Committee - Committee schedules can be found here.
- Minnesota Veterans Homes - Includes link to newsletters.
- Minnesota Veterans of Foreign Wars - This nonpartisan, nonsectarian organization of citizens who have seen "foreign service" in the United States Armed Forces provides an extensive list of Veterans' Informational Links
- Veterans Employment Services - A program of the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development that has a variety of services designed to assist veterans in searching for employment, including Minnesota Veterans Licensure and Certification Program.
- United Veterans Legislative Council of Minnesota - "A Consortium of Veterans, Military, and Auxiliary Organizations to exchange information and support issues relating to entitlements for Veterans, Military Retirees, the National Guard and Military Reservists, their dependents and survivors."
- Bureau of Political-Military Affairs (PM) - This bureau "is the Department of State's principal link to the Department of Defense. The PM Bureau provides policy direction in the areas of international security, security assistance, military operations, defense strategy and plans, and defense trade".
- Center for Army Lessons Learned (CALL) - A virtual reference library that collects and analyzes military data from a variety of current and historical sources.
- Joint Chief's of Staff - "The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff is the principal military adviser to the President, Secretary of Defense, and the National Security Council (NSC)".
- Strategic Studies Institute - "The Strategic Studies Institute of the US Army War College publishes security and strategic reports and publications which serve to influence policy debate and bridge the gap between Military and Academia."
- United States Air Force - Includes links to a variety of information.
- United States Army - Includes a link to archived Army news headlines.
- United States Coast Guard - Information on this website includes news and information and boating safety.
- United States Department of Defense - Includes news releases on U.S. military actions and links to publications.
- United States Department of Veterans Affairs - Provides information on VA programs, veterans benefits, VA facilities worldwide, and VA medical automation software. Includes a link to Federal Benefits for Veterans, Dependents and Survivors.
- United States House of Representatives Committee on Veterans' Affairs - Information on membership and hearings can be found here.
- United States Marine Corps - Current news can be found on this website.
- United States Navy - Includes links to the publication All Hands.
- United States Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs - Includes a link to the committee's publications.
The sites listed on this page are not created, maintained, or endorsed
by the Minnesota Legislature.