- Amherst H. Wilder Foundation - "The mission of the Amherst H. Wilder Foundation is to promote the social welfare of persons resident or located in the greater Saint Paul metropolitan area". It produces a variety of reports about housing and homelessness in Minnesota.
- Construction Codes and Licensing - The Minnesota state office responsible for administering the Minnesota State Building Code.
- Family Housing Fund - An organization created by Minneapolis, St. Paul, and the McKnight Foundation to preserve and expand quality affordable housing for families with low and moderate incomes in the Twin Cities metropolitan area. A variety of reports and tools are available such as, Housing Counts 2002-2020.
- Greater Minnesota Housing Fund - An organization that seeks to work directly with local communities, employers, builders, and state and local public agencies in greater Minnesota to address housing shortages. A number of research reports are included on the website.
- Housing First Minnesota - An association of professionals in the building trades. The website features advocacy updates and information about Minnesota's housing industry.
- HousingLink - A nonprofit organization providing information about affordable rental housing options in the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Resources include basic housing information, a rental housing referral service, and foreclosure research.
- Interagency Council on Homelessness - A public-private partnership to end homelessness in Minnesota. See its report, Heading Home: Minnesota's Action Plan to Prevent and End Homelessness.
- Landlords and Tenants: Rights and Responsibilities -- Published by Minnesota's Attorney General's Office. This site also provides consumer information on various housing issues.
- Metropolitan Council Housing Services - Information about the Metropolitan Council's housing programs in the Twin Cities Metropolitan Area.
- Minnesota Home Ownership Center - This organization "promotes sustainable home ownership for low and moderate income Minnesotans".
- Minnesota Housing - Minnesota's state housing finance agency; provides financial and related customer assistance for Minnesotans seeking decent, safe, and affordable housing.
- Minnesota Housing Partnership - Its mission is to "promote homes for all Minnesotans and assist Minnesota communities in the creation and preservation of housing affordable to low- and moderate-income people." It publishes the report, The State of the State's Housing.
- Minnesota Office of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) - Minnesota-specific information on HUD properties, rental subsidies, and mortgage assistance.
- U.S. Census Bureau
- American Housing Survey - National and metropolitan data on the nation's housing, including apartments, single-family homes, mobile homes, vacant housing units, household characteristics, income, housing and neighborhood quality, housing costs, equipment and fuels, size of housing unit, and recent movers.
- Historical Housing Data - Historical data derived from the decennial censuses of housing, Homeownership Rates by State, 1990-2000
- Housing Topics - Links to Census housing data.
- Housing Vacancies and Homeownership - Provides recent quarterly and annual statistics for U.S. regions, states, and metropolitan areas.
- Housing Characteristics in the U.S. - An interesting look back at housing from 1940 to 2000. Includes state tables on trends in living alone and recent movers. 50-years of Housing History from the Census Bureau: 1940-1990
- Building Permits Survey - Provides national, state, and metropolitan area data on new housing units authorized by building permits.
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
Housing Finance, Advocacy Groups, Research, & Statistics
The sites listed on this page are not created, maintained, or endorsed
by the Minnesota Legislature.